TNT Machines

Struttle

TNT Machines

Post by Struttle » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:46 pm

Hi guys,

Recently someone just told me that TNT machines are illegal on this server (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u73BrWdkrc0)
So the rule I was indicated was basically: No duping.
I feel like this rule is in place to prevent any way of damaging the server's economy and item balance through bugs. But the TNT machines don't qualify in the same category as they don't produce anything that damages the economy. All it produces it's an exploding TNT entity (so no items).
Without this the following things would not be possible: Tree farms, Cobble Farms, Concrete Powder Fully automatic converters, Perimeter digging machines etc. This allows only for destruction of blocks already existing in the world thus not adding any unfair advantage. As this bug is one of those bugs that adds to the game rather than unfairly breaking the game I feel like this should be allowed.

That being said I hope you consider being open about this as this is an awesome part of Minecraft which we would not get to enjoy if this would not be allowed. This cannot damage the server in any way.

Struttle

_trix__
Admin

Re: TNT Machines

Post by _trix__ » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:43 pm

hey Struttle!

Sirabey and me talked about it
Because of the duping TNT we would rather not allow it on the server.
If we allow this we would have to allow other things to its clear in the rules that duping in any way is not allowed

Struttle

Re: TNT Machines

Post by Struttle » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:33 pm

I don't agree. Just because this is allowed it doesn't mean you have to allow anything else. Basically the rule you really need would be something like this: Any form of item duping is not allowed. That's what would actually hurt the server. Not TNT machines. (As TNT Machines don't actually dupe any item and it's no item gain coming directly from it, it means under the rule mentioned above it would be legal)