Why aren't we growing?

All about the server Chunkworld started with...
Astruh
Admin

Why aren't we growing?

Post by Astruh » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:50 am

I've probably hinted at this once or twice, but I think it needs attention if we want to grow.
Right now we have 0-9 players on daily. I haven't really seen the player list go over 12, thats a problem.
I think there a few reasons for this,

1. You're way too lenient with your staff.
I understand you can't force your staff to vote, and or be on the server at all times. That's understandable (I guess).
But it's a damn shame that maybe 1 staff goes on vanilla per day. (Vanilla has 6 moderators, and 3 admins.)
Sure, you have work/school etc... That's all fine, but why did you sign up to be a staff member if you can't atleast provide 10 hours a week.

Get some new staff, and advertise more.
You want staff that care about the server and its growth. I don't see that currently.

If you ever want to see growth, you should start with demoting all the inactive staff. Who the hell cares, they don't. It shows.

2. The world should have a restart, in addition to the demotions.
And it doesn't even have to do with people being rich.
I'd like a new world. I tend to stay away from servers that have been up for a long time without a map restart. (Luckily I joined early enough)
But other players think the same way, they don't want to join a server where they are far behind. But even then, creating a new world would let people start over with new goals and perhaps some new builds. (Including a new spawn, warps etc...)

I'll update this soon with some solutions to getting more players.
Last edited by Astruh on Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astruh
Admin

Re: Why aren't we growing?

Post by Astruh » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:53 am

Things should change for the better. You may not agree with me (I know all the inactive staff will get butthurt over this) but I'm tired of being the only one on sometimes. Really boring, and i feel like im wasting my time for a server that is soon going to be disbanded if things dont change.

DeGenki

Re: Why aren't we growing?

Post by DeGenki » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:07 am

same, Im not as active as i used to be due to the lack of players on its boring to be all alone all the time...its not as fun!